Friday, August 25, 2006

"Follow Me to Nowhere; Lose Me When You Get There"



I'm no 'wordsmith' to be sure.....but what I wrote here is exactly how I've been feeling with regards to art and inspiration. After doing that art show a few weeks ago...my mind is really blank.

From where I sit
From where I stand
The perspective is unclear
The journey I tread on is a knife's edge
All my colors and creativity elude
Like sand through my fingers
Where have you gone?
My soul aches, my heart waits
For your return
Was it you, was it me?
Did I watch too much TV? (*)
OUTBOUND:INBOUND:SIDEWAYS:CROSSWAYS....
The path still goes nowhere
But in circles
Follow me to nowhere;
Lose me when we get there
For a torment of time
My mind has no allegiance to my brush
I see what I want
But lose you in an instant
Ramble on for the time is now
To release the grasp of the elusive one
Sit tight, till the time is right
Try as I might, I'll not fight
The Elusive One this night


(*)::: The portion/lines "Was it you? Was it me? Did I watch too much TV?" are lines/verses from Pink Floyd's "The Final Cut"