Thursday, August 31, 2006

Vanity Reigns with a Paper Crown

Vanity Reigns With A Paper Crown

I think it was complete coincidence that when I was finishing up this piece that there was one of those cheezy made-for-tv movies on the late beloved Diana on! She by no means was vain...but I did think of the analogy of using paper to compare and describe crowns. I rather think that she would have readily crumpled her crown to just be a normal beautiful woman and mother.

Anyway, I used up my very last chunky slab of wood and this is what I created....I did buy some canvas paper, but I think I'm addicted to working on wood. It allows me to do all the sanding, painting, collaging, and then sanding and distressing and the integrity of the base remains unchanged.

When I tried my process on the canvas paper, it all literally came apart! Ugh, what a disappointment.

I personally would rather invest and build my collection of Golden acrylic paints and mediums....so I don't really have enough in my art budget to keep buying canvases, but probably in the long run that's the way to go.

Any suggestions?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this piece! You have a way with color.

I can completely empathize with your situation when it comes to finding a new "canvas". If you like working on wood continue to do so. Is their a lumber yard near by or have you checked the wood section of your local craft store?

For years, I felt I needed to use canvas in order to create. I found my best work comes from using a manila envelope as a base. If it isn't broke, why fix it?

I will keep my fingers crossed for you in your quest to find the perfect base!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Ben Heine said...

Hi dear friend, your artwork is simply breathtaking. I am a painter and cartoonist, and I never got such an effect. (I saw your other photos on Flickr, great!) The subjects are funny too. How do you do exactly? I advice you to subscribe to www.deviantart.com. It's even easier than Flickr and it's free! It's almost like a Webpage...
May be we can link our Blog together? Kisses. B.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

chanel handbags, ugg boots, longchamp pas cher, louboutin pas cher, replica watches, longchamp, nike outlet, jordan shoes, louis vuitton outlet, ray ban sunglasses, sac longchamp, oakley sunglasses, prada handbags, nike free, air jordan pas cher, tiffany jewelry, polo ralph lauren outlet, tiffany and co, kate spade outlet, polo ralph lauren outlet, gucci outlet, nike air max, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, burberry, longchamp outlet, oakley sunglasses, nike roshe run, louboutin shoes, prada outlet, louboutin, ray ban sunglasses, louis vuitton, air max, louis vuitton outlet, louboutin outlet, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, uggs on sale, nike air max, replica watches, ralph lauren pas cher, tory burch outlet, cheap oakley sunglasses, ugg boots, oakley sunglasses, nike free

5:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

north face outlet, insanity workout, nike huarache, hollister, hollister, herve leger, nike air max, wedding dresses, soccer jerseys, chi flat iron, longchamp, birkin bag, p90x workout, louboutin, babyliss, iphone cases, mcm handbags, nike roshe, gucci, valentino shoes, asics running shoes, jimmy choo shoes, lancel, timberland boots, ghd, north face outlet, ferragamo shoes, nike air max, giuseppe zanotti, mac cosmetics, new balance, celine handbags, beats by dre, mont blanc, converse outlet, baseball bats, ralph lauren, bottega veneta, lululemon, hollister, soccer shoes, ray ban, vans, instyler, oakley, nike trainers, abercrombie and fitch, reebok shoes, nfl jerseys, vans shoes

6:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home